This ship was one of a group of three ferries which were assinged as mine layers in August 1914.
was planned to be used as Hilfsstreuminendampfer in the Baltic Sea, but put out of service in September 1914. In March 1915 it was assigned to the Vorposten flotilla until 1918. Renamed Kronprinzessin Cecilie
, the ship served as a ferry again until 1929 when it was scrapped.