The Flottenbegleiter F4
was used in the 2nd Geleitflotille after being commissioned. Put out of service in April 1939 to be rebuild to a torpedo recovery vessel, but reconstruction was stopped on 01.08.1940. It was then used as experimental ship of the torpedo experimental commando until 1944 when it was attached to the 7th M-flotilla in the North Sea as an escort vessel. Taken over by Britain after the war and broken down in January 1949.