The Flottenbegleiter F7
was used in the 2nd Geleitflotille after being commissioned. Used in the Baltic Sea after the outbreak of the war and send to Helgoland on 06.09.1939 where it was operating as a escort vessel and used to lay mine fields. On 01.04.1940 it was attached to the 25th UFlottilla as a torpedo recovery vessel until June 1944 when it was used in the 7th MFlotilla. Taken over by the Soviets after the war, added to fleet lists on 05.11.1945. Added to the North Baltic Fleet on 15.02.1945 and renamed to Buran
ten days later. On 02.12.1946, the ship was disarmed and reclassified as experimental ship and used until 24.04.1947. On 07.05.1951 renamed to Dubna
and reclassified as depot ship first in the North Baltic Fleet and from 24.12.1955 in the Baltic Fleet. Only nine months later, the ship was finally removed from the fleet lists and scrapped between 1957-1958.