The Flottenbegleiter F8
was used in the 2nd Geleitflotille after being commissioned. Used in the Baltic Sea after the outbreak of the war and send to Helgoland on 06.09.1939 where it was operating as a escort vessel and used to lay mine fields. On 01.04.1940 it was attached to the 25th UFlottilla and after a short time spend in Oslo in May 1940, F8
was used for U-boat training until March 1945. Taken over by the USA after the war, the ship was broken down in 1950.