Laid down with the name Condor
, but renamed before its completion. Part of the 5th Torpedoboot Flotilla at the outbreak of the war, which was used for mine laying ("Westwall") until 24.09.1939. Escort duties for CLs to recover home going destroyer after mine laying operations in British coastal waters. Used during Operation "Weserübung" in April 1940 , later transferred to France, where the Kondor
participated in defensive mine operations between September 1940 and Spring 1941, followed by repairs and refits in Rotterdam. After operations in the Baltic Sea and at Jutland, the Kondor
was used during Operation "Cerberus" in February 1942 . Returned to France in November 1942, the Kondor
was damaged by a mine in the area between Cherbourg and Le Havre on 24.05.1944. Towed to Le Havre and decommissioned on 28.06.1944. Being docked, the ship was thrown on its side after an air attack on 31.07.1944. The wreck broken down after the war.