As part of the 1st Torpedoboot Flotilla, the ship got fully operational at the end of 1940. After operations near Jutland and mining operations in the North Sea, T4
was send to France in September 1940 for a short time. After a short visit in Germany, the 1st Torpedoboot Flotilla was relocated to Norway and disband in August 1941, T4
was transferred to the 2nd Torpedoboot Flotilla. After operations in Norway , some of those ships supported the advance of German troops during the invasion of the Soviet union and some participated in Operation Cerberus in 1942. The remaining ships were was part of the torpedo training school in the Baltic Sea until mid 1943. From 1944, the 2nd Torpedoboot Flotilla was used for escort duties in the Baltic Sea.
Handed over to the US after the war, who offered the ship to Denmark. Planed conversion to MTB Command Ship canceled in 1950, scrapped in February 1952.