As part of the 2st Torpedoboot Flotilla, the ship got fully operational at the end of 1940. After operations near Jutland and mining operations in the North Sea, T9
was send to France in September 1940 for a short time. After a short visit in Germany, the 2st Torpedoboot Flotilla was relocated to Norway , some of those ships supported the advance of German troops during the invasion of the Soviet union and some participated in Operation Cerberus in 1942. The remaining ships were was part of the torpedo training school in the Baltic Sea until mid 1943. From 1944, the 2nd Torpedoboot Flotilla was used for escort duties in the Baltic Sea. T9
was blown up at Strander Bay, Baltic, 54°26N,10°10'E on 03.05.1945 by own crew.