After the invasion of Norway, the Kriegsmarine captured four torpedo boats of the Norwegian Sleipner class, which were modern
ships just commissioned before the war. Being quite small vessels, the ships were not used for combat action but for U-boat training in the Baltic Sea since 1942. After the war, all four ships were returned to Norway were they first served as training vessels, but were later refitted as patrol boats with reduced armament and boiler power.
was given to the Kriegsmarine in Kristiansand on 11.04.1940. Put into service as Panther
on 20.04.1940 it was
reclassified as Torpedofangboot in January 1942. 1945, the ship was given back to Norway where ti got its original name. Modified as a escort vessel, the ship was scrapped in 1959.