The 15 torpedoboats of the Ariete
class were the largest class of ships captured by the Kriegsmarine after the Italian surrender in
September 1943. None of those ships were already completed at this time and after completion all were part of the 10th TFlottila, and used for mine laying, escort duty and coastal defense.
) was commissioned on 07.09.1944 and formed the new 9th TFlottila. It was badly damaged by bomb hits during an attack in Trieste on 17.02.1945 and blown up by its crew on 01.05.1945.